7/28/17

Cross Stitch Leather Sling Bag


Hi there my dearest friend, it's been a while! Like I've said many times before, cross stitch is one of my highest passion in my kingdom of craftiness. Fortunately one day, I stumble upon this Soda Stich website, and amaze by it super cute design which is irresistible!!

I've been preparing this project since last year, but finally (after a long crazy year full of drama :D) I'm now able to finish it this month. Luckily, I have a wonderful dearest friend, mbak Oktavera, who have this super crush on cross stitching like I've never seen before. Super talented and passionate cross stitcher as far as I can tell!! We then share some thoughts and decided to make this project together. Thank you so much mbak Veeee, finally we can make it happen :)


I love everything about mermaid, so obviously this cute mini little mermaid pattern caught my attention right away. After long discussion and filtering so many ideas, we (me and mbak Ve) decided to make this mini pattern for tablet wallet. But shortly after mbak Ve finish the cross stitch, I came up with another idea to turn it into sling bag, because the design is a little bit bigger than I expected. 


I love how delicate and neat the stitches are (you're amazing mbak Veee!!), and the grey aida fabric will add more contrast effect to the floss. I just can't imagine how many possibilities of beautiful project we will make with cross stich and leather. I's super addictive! 


I'm using premium light tan cow leather, with a vintage texture and uneven antique color. I love how elegant the leather look, when it combined with the cross sticth. But this leather is quite tricky to sew, since it delicate and thin, so it needs extra attention to work with. But it worth the hardwork, don't you think?  


This bag design is inspired from a Fossil bag a few years back, I'm in love with the side buckle idea for the shoulder sling instead of just sewn directly on the body of the bag as usual. This bag is suitable for any occasion. I think this is going to be my favorite for some time, I just can't get enough of it! :)


The cupcake looks so delicious! I love the color combination and the cute mini design, one of the best Soda Stitch signature design. Soda is one of my favorite cross stitch pattern company, that have so many kind of cuteness and pretty 'mini' version of fairy tale character. I think I'll make a set of fairy tale stories bag for next project. Oh I'm soooo thrilled and can't wait to share it with you! ^^ 


Actually I prefer to put Tuffadoll logo at front, right on the flap. But since he flap is where the cross stitch sewn on to, so I decided to use a leather hang tag and put it on the side buckle. It turned out quite fun, and maybe next time I'll add key charm or metal accessories too. 


This bag size is 27x17x6 cm, with flap and a zipper inside. The interior is made of brown soft suede, with one zippered pocket and one slip pocket.  The accessories is made of brass antique metal, and the logo is press stamped on the leather. The shoulder sling have 3 different setting to adjust as needed. The longest setting is 110cm.



Thank you so much for reading, and I'll make another fun project with cross stich and leather next time and share it to you. Hope you're inspired. Have a bright sunny day for you all ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment