11/22/14

Syana and Ginger Embroidery Cushion

..

Syana is so addicted to cat. Although I still in doubt to let her have her own cat, but my neighbor's cats always become her favorite. She also likes balloon a lot! One day when we went to the grocery store, she saw a pack of assorted color balloons and immediately asked me to buy it. Since we don't have the pump, my husband and I were blowing out all of those balloons until our cheek felt so puffy and swollen, hahaha.. but it was so much fun, lol. Then I'm inspired to make cushion for her with cat and balloon embroidery on it.



This pillow is made of cotton calico fabric. I love it's natural and vintage look of this fabric, and the creme color  looks good to combine with almost every other color. For the embellishment I'm using roses and polka dot printed cotton fabric. You might wanna use interfacing if using this fabric for applique, because the edges frayed a lot and the shape won't stay neat if it sewn directly. The cat applique is made of felt and sewn directly to the fabric because it's thick and quite stable. 



I'm using stretchable cotton crochet ribbon for the girl's dress embellishment, and I crochet the balloon using peach cotton yarn. I embroider the outlines using light brown embroidery floss, and finish the cushion cover with pink satin bias pipping tape and my DIY cotton label.



This cushion was featured on a facebook group called IIHC, for an breast cancer awareness event (there's a pink ribbon attached on girl's dress as a symbol). So, what do you think if I make a tutorial for this cushion? Hope you're inspired, and I'd really like to hear your comments. Thanks for stopping by and have a nice day! ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment